About the COE
People | Performance | Place
The following statements encompass why the College of Engineering at Montana State University exists (Mission) and what role we seek for ourselves (Vision) as we fulfill our purpose.
The College of Engineering at Montana State University will serve the State of Montana and the nation by
- fostering lifelong learning
- integrating learning and discovery
- developing and sharing technical expertise
- empowering students to be tomorrow's leaders
The College of Engineering at Montana State University will be an outstanding collaborative community that achieves excellence in learning, innovation, discovery, and knowledge transfer. To realize this vision, the college will
- Leverage shared interests and talents among faculty and students in order to create knowledge across disciplinary lines.
- Effectively and efficiently balance breadth with depth in undergraduate education in order to prepare students for the global workforce.
- Be a leader in innovation and discovery in our identified focus areas.
- Successfully integrate research and innovation into the learning experience of both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Be recognized for the level of knowledge transfer to industry, governments, and citizens in the state of Montana.