Shadow a College of Engineering Major
Important: Please RSVP for this event no later than Friday, February 16. Click Here to RSVP.
|High school students interested in engineering or computer science are paired up with an MSU College of Engineering major to get a taste of life as a COE student. They attend classes and tour cutting-edge research labs for a day.|
|Friday, February 23, 2018|
|7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.|
Barnard Hall Atrium
|Pizza and Soda will be provided between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm.|
|Montana State University - Bozeman. High school and COE students meet in the atrium at Barnard Hall (near the corner of S. 7th Ave. and W. Grant Street).|
Lunch will be provided.
High School participants are paired with a College of Engineering student according to their interest in one of these areas:
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science (software)
- Computer Engineering (hardware)
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Engineering
- Industrial & Management Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Visit these websites to learn about different engineering disciplines before you decide which one interests you most.
Try Engineering (will open in a new window)
Discover e (will open in a new window)
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current MSU - College of Engineering Students
Uncover the mystery of Engineering or Computer Science for a visiting high school student! YOU can help with their transition to college AND becoming a successful student in the College of Engineering.
Here are some things you can do:
- Ask them about what interests them about Engineering or Computer Science.
- Tell them about your internship and/or project experience(s).
- Take them to class - show them what you did to prepare (i.e. reviewing concepts planned for class).
- Show them your class syllabi and teach them how you manage the information to meet deadlines and group project expectations.
- Take them to a lab (plan ahead first, talk to your lab instructor(s)).
- Introduce them to your home department and how to find advising support.
- Introduce them to the Dean's Office (show them where to find the Starburst bowl).
- Introduce them to a COE ePAL.
- Show them how to navigate the COE HUB: Advising & Student Resources website.
- Show them the Help Centers (Math, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Mechanics, Writing, Computer Science, etc) and talk to them about how often to use them.
- Don't forget, there's pizza for lunch!
- Introduce them to the Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success and play a game of Billiards or Air Hockey in the MSU Rec Center.