Because MSU's College of Engineering has very supportive donors, we are able to award substantial amounts of scholarship money, about $800,000 each year. We also encourage students to apply for scholarships through other MSU scholarship programs (see "Scholarship links" below).
Eligibility for need-based scholarships is determined by the MSU financial aid office, and students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships must complete the FAFSA student aid application. Need-based scholarships will not be awarded to students who have not completed the FAFSA application (see "Scholarship link" below).
For more information about receiving or sponsoring a scholarship at the College of Engineering, contact the Dean's office:
214 Roberts Hall
P.O. Box 173820
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717-3820
Scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year were due February 3, 2017. The College of Engineering scholarship committee will review applications for scholarship awards for the 2017 - 2018 academic year in March 2017. Scholarship recipients will be notified if they have received an award in April 2017.
Apply to College of Engineering scholarships at the Scholarship Application website:
Scholarship Application Tips
- On the "Financial Aid, Legacy and EMPower Status" page:
- Confirm if FAFSA has been filed for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Confirm if the Financial Aid office has declared you Financial Aid Eligible based on your families' expected contribution.
- If you are a Woman in Engineering
- Select "ethnicity."
- Add "Woman" in Description box.
- Check the "I am Eligible for an EMPower Scholarship" box.
- On the " Group Memberships" page:
- Select appropriate membership groups.
- On the "Awards, Honors, and Activities" page:
- For current students: Include activity in MSU clubs and organizations in "Community Activities and Groups."
- To upload unofficial transcript:
- Save unofficial transcript as a pdf, doc., docx., png., jpg., or gif.
- Upload file to scholarship database.
- Descriptions of College of Engineering scholarships
- College of Engineering Legacy Scholarship Program
- EMPower Scholarships
- MSU Native American Scholarship Directory
- MSU New Student Scholarships
- Montana residents who will be incoming freshmen — Apply for the Premier Scholarship Feb. 1 deadline
- MSU Scholarships Application for Presidential Scholarship (PDF)
- MSU Honors Program scholarship information
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Admissions & New Student Services
Make head-to-head comparisons among schools at www.collegerealitycheck.com (in a new window).
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs.