Because the College of Engineering has very supportive donors, we are able to award substantial amounts of scholarship money, about $800k each year.
Scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year are due February 3, 2017; review will begin in spring 2017.
Apply to College of Engineering scholarships at the Scholarship Application website:
Make head-to-head comparisons among schools at www.collegerealitycheck.com (in a new window).
Scholarship Application Tips
- On the "Financial Aid, Legacy and EMPower Status" page:
- Confirm if FAFSA has been filed for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Confirm if the Financial Aid office has declared you Financial Aid Eligible based on your families' expected contribution.
- If you are a Woman in Engineering
- Select "ethnicity."
- Add "Woman" in Description box.
- Check the "I am Eligible for an EMPower Scholarship" box.
- On the " Group Memberships" page:
- Select appropriate membership groups.
- On the "Awards, Honors, and Activities" page:
- For current students: Include activity in MSU clubs and organizations in "Community Activities and Groups."
- To upload unofficial transcript:
- Save unofficial transcript as a pdf, doc., docx., png., jpg., or gif.
- Upload file to scholarship database.
The college scholarship committee will review applications for scholarship awards for the 2017 - 2018 academic year in March 2017. Scholarship recipients will be notified if they have received an award in April 2017.
Eligibility for need-based scholarships is determined by the MSU financial aid office, consequently students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships MUST complete the FAFSA student aid application. Need-based scholarships will not be awarded to students who have not completed the FAFSA application.
For further information about receiving or sponsoring a scholarship contact the Dean's office, 214 Roberts Hall, or via:
Tel: (406) 994-2272
College of Engineering
214 Roberts Hall
P.O. Box 173820
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717-3820
MSU Scholarship Information
- MSU New Student Scholarships
- Montana residents who will be incoming freshmen — Apply for the Premier Scholarship Feb. 1 deadline (will open in a new window)
- MSU Scholarships Application for Presidential Scholarship (PDF)
- Click here for scholarship information at Honors Program Web site
Other Useful Links
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs.