Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Department
Scholarships are available in all three curriculums Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology, as well as, from the College of Engineering. Selection criteria are different for each scholarship; some are based entirely on scholarship (grade point), while others consider financial need or your extracurricular interests. There are scholarships for each level from Freshman to Senior, though a majority of scholarships are awarded to upper classmen.
Scholarship stipends range from $200 to $5000. More important than the stipend is the recognition of having earned a scholarship. Prospective employers look very favorably on our scholarship students!
To be considered for both the M&IE scholarships and the College of Engineering scholarships you must complete an application form. These are available online at the College of Engineering Scholarship Webpage. For the more selective (and more prestigious) scholarships you may be asked for detailed statements of your professional goals and philosophy.
How To Apply
You will only need to complete one application to be considered for all the COE and M&IE scholarships. Application forms, deadlines, and instructions are available online at the College of Engineering Scholarship Webpage.
- Use the Continuing Student COE Scholarship Application if you are currently in classes at MSU. This is an online form and is submitted electronically.
- Use the New Student COE Scholarship Application if you will be an incoming Freshman or Transfer student. This will need to be printed and mailed to the address listed on the application form.
- Remember that members of the scholarship committee may not know you personally; hence, your written statements are of the utmost importance. In addition to academic performance, candidates will be evaluated on extracurricular contributions to the college or department, professionalism and ability to communicate your ideas.
- Please read the Continuing Student Application Helpful Items before filling out your application. These are really good suggestions!
- For “Class Status” select whatever level (FR, SO, JR, SR) you will be considered for the next academic year, when you will receive the scholarship.
- It is important that you save a copy of your completed application. You will be emailed a copy of your application once it is submitted – save this email! If there is a problem when you submit your application or if you plan to reapply in future years you will be glad you don’t have to recreate it.
- To be eligible for need-based scholarship consideration, students must have filed their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Students are also encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office about the scholarships they offer. They offer several scholarships for incoming freshmen, incoming transfer students, minorities and students with financial need.
To apply for College of Engineering and M&IE Department scholarships go to College of Engineering Scholarships.
For questions about scholarships, please contact the M&IE Department secretary