The Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department has well-equipped laboratories to support instruction and research in the Industrial and Management Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering Technology programs.
M&IE labs support teaching and research in Advanced Structures, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Decision Support Systems and Operations Research, Fluid Mechanics, Fuel Cells, Heat Transfer, Human Factors, Facilities Design, Instrumental Analysis, Materials Science, and Micro-Electromechanical Systems. M&IE labs include:
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Laboratory
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Laboratory
- Decision Support Systems (DSS) Laboratory
- Work Design (Ergonomics and Human Factors) Laboratory
- Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory
- Mechanical Design Laboratory
- Ragsdale Production Systems and Facilities Design Laboratory
Numerous analytical instruments are available through the MSU CRISS facility including SEM, LEEDS, ESCA, SAM, UPS, and SIMS units.
The M&IE Department, the College of Engineering, and the MSU campus maintain a number of well equipped computer labs with a complete complement of hardware and software for student use in coursework and research activities. Much of the campus is available for wireless connectivity.