> College of Engineering > M&IE Dept.
CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drafting) Laboratory
The Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
Technology CADD lab provides a modern facility for
instruction in a variety of computer software packages.
A small sampling of software presently supported includes:
- Pro-Engineer, Solidworks, and AutoCAD for computer
aided design and drafting;
- Ansys, Pro-Mechanica and Cosmos for finite element
- Rhinoceros for 3-D modeling and CAM interfacing;
- Mathcad, Matlab, Excel, and Maple for mathematical
- Working Model for kinematic analysis,
- LabVIEW for Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
- the Microsoft Office Suite for Word Processing,
Graphing, Database Management, etc,
- various other applications
The CADD lab houses 36 networked computers running
Windows software. Standard and large-format laser printers support the laboratory. This
heavily used instructional laboratory supplements the
Lab which shares nearly all software applications.
For more information on Mechanical Engineering at Montana State University, send a request via Email or write to
Department of M&IE
P.O. Box 173800
Bozeman, MT 59717-3800
Please send any questions or comments to email@example.com.