Our faculty have active research programs and are dedicated to teaching, including at the graduate level.
Primary Research Areas
- Human Factors Engineering (Occupational safety, transportation safety, product design and usability engineering).
- Service Engineering (organization theory, lean systems, service sectors - healthcare, financial, hospitality, entertainment, and humanitarian).
- Systems modeling and analysis (mathematical and computer modeling, optimization, planning and scheduling, decision support systems).
This includes providing advanced research experiences for graduate students with some of the most advanced research facilities in North America. A list of research labs are found below:
- Human Factors - Driving Simulator Lab
- Human Factors - Naturalistic Driving Fleet & Lab
- Human Factors / Ergonomics - Work Design Lab
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Lab
- Decision Support Systems Lab
One-on-one mentoringOur vibrant program offers the state-of-the art education of a top-tier (Carnegie I) research university with the one-on-one mentoring and
personal interaction that is a tradition at MSU. .
Flexible, rewarding experience
The unique qualities of our graduate program and faculty will provide students with a flexible and rewarding graduate experience that will prepare students for future academic and professional pursuits. All while enjoying conducting research living in one of the happiest — and most beautiful — places in the world!