> College of Engineering:
Billie O. Ragsdale
Industrial & Management Engineering
Capstone Design Lab
The Capstone Design Lab supports the I&ME senior capstone design courses (442 and 444) as well as other senior-level I&ME courses. The lab's major functions are to provide:
- A learning environment for facility design and production systems
- Computing support and office space for student teams engaged in senior design projects.
- Eleven (11) Core 2 Duo (2.4 ghz) PCs running Windows XP
- HP printers/plotters: 4015n, 455CA, 1220
- Epson 1660 scanner
- carrel space for five (5) design teams
- conference space
- Microsoft Word , Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Acess and Publisher
- AutoCad 2010 and E-Factory bundle (Factory Cad, Plan/OPT, Flow) 14.0
- Visio Technical charting and drawing
- MathCad 14
- MATLAB 2007a
- Arena 13.0 Simulation Software
- Lindo, LINGO Math Programming
- ILOG OPL Studio Mathematical programming
- Various statistical packages including SAS, Minitab, R, etc.
- Microsoft C++ Express 2010, other development tools
- STORM (operations research applications package)
- Business Plan Pro
- Jack 6.2, ERGOMGMT & Human Cad
See the Rm. 415 Policy document for information on using the lab.
The lab is jointly supervised by Dr. Sobek and Dr. Schell.
The lab was renovated in 2000 using money donated by Richard Ragsdale in honor of his father Billie O. Ragsdale, a 1939 I&ME graduate.