> College of Engineering > Electrical & Computer Engineering
EE578 Speech Signal Processing
The paper will require you to find a topic of interest, research this topic, write a review paper, and present it to the class. The following constraints must be met when writing and presenting the paper:
- The topic must be approved by the instructor.
- You must find a relavant paper in a research journal (not older than 2 years) on this topic.
- This paper must also be approved by the instructor.
- The following journals are suggested places to look (the list is not exhaustive or in any particular order):
- You must read and cite at least three papers that the paper you selected cites (you need to preform a paper chase). If the library does not carry the journal, you can submit a copy request to the library and the library will get a copy of the article for you.
- You must read and cite at least two other papers that support this topic (a minimum of six citations for the paper).
- The paper must be 5-10 pages in length.
- Good advice for writing a review paper can be found here.
- The paper must be written in accordance to the IEEE Editorial Style Manual
- The following links are review papers and are provided to give you an example of how to write one:
Electronic Noses : A review of Signal Processing Techniques
Subspace Speech Enhancement : A review
Image Coding Using Vector Quantization : A review