Areas of Interest
|Computer Engineering, Digital Systems, Engineering Education
Dr. LaMeres joined the Montana State ECE faculty in July of 2006. He received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of Colorado, Boulder in December of 2005, his MSEE from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs in May of 2001, and his BSEE from Montana State University, Bozeman in December of 1998.
LaMeres teaches and conducts research in the area of digital systems with particular emphasis on exploiting reprogrammable fabrics to deliver more effective computer systems. LaMeres is also studying the impact of online engineering education on student understanding.
LaMeres has published over 60 manuscripts and 1 textbook in the area of high speed digital systems. LaMeres has also been granted 13 US patents in the area of digital signal propagation.
LaMeres is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Registered Professional Engineer in the States of Montana and Colorado.
Dr. LaMeres is a member of AESS, ASEE and serves as the faculty advisor of the student branch of IEEE at MSU.
Prior to coming to MSU, Dr. LaMeres worked as an R&D engineer for Agilent Technologies in Colorado Springs, CO from 1999 to 2006. LaMeres was a hardware design engineer in the Logic Analysis R&D lab. He designed acquisition hardware for the 16910/11/12 and 16950 Logic Analyzer systems in addition to developing a variety of probing solutions.
- 2014 MSU College of Engineering Lloyd Berg Faculty Mentorship Award.
- 2014 Outstanding Instructor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman.
- 2014 MSU Excellence in Online Teaching Award
- 2013 Outstanding Instructor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman.
- 2013 American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE), Pacific Northwest Section Outstanding Instructor Award
- 2013 MSU Teaching Innovation Award
- Faculty Advisor for MSU team that won the 2012 NASA Lunabotics Systems Engineering Paper Category (1st place, $750) and took 2nd place in the Community Outreach Category, Kennedy Space Center, FL, May 2012.
- 2011 MSU President's Excellence in Teaching Award
- Best Paper Award, American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference American, Vancouver, B.C., June 2011. "The Montana MULE - A Case Study in Interdisciplinary Design"
- 2010 MSU College of Engineering Excellence in Teaching Award
- Faculty Advisor for MSU team that won the 2010 NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition, 1st place Mining Award and 1st place Joe Kosmo Award for Excellence, Kennedy Space Center, FL, May 2010.
- Elevated to IEEE Senior Member, June 2009
- 2008 MSU Alumni Association & Bozeman Area Chamber of Commerce Award for Excellence.
- 2007 Outstanding Instructor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman.
- Best Paper Award, "Broadband Impedance Matching for Inductive Interconnect in VLSI Packaging", IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD). Circuit Consideration in Processor Design track, 2005.
- Best Paper Award, "Performance Modeling for Off-Chip Busses Considering Bandwidth and Cost", DesignCon-05. PCB & Package Co-Design Track, Feb 2005.
- Montana State University Professor's Computer Technology To Be Tested Aboard ISS (ASEE First Bell, 6/30/14)
- MSU computer heading to International Space Station (Bozeman Chronicle, 6/20/14)
- MSU computer heading to International Space Station (MSU News, 6/20/14)
- Two MSU engineering professors' teaching methods featured in journal (Bozeman Chronicle, 6/6/14)
- Two MSU engineering professors' teaching methods featured in journal (MSU News, 6/5/14)
- MSU College of Engineering Awards for 2014 (COE News, 5/1/14)
- MSU Honors Top Faculty and Staff (MSU News, 1/4/14)
- MSU 2014 Award Winners (Bozeman Chronicle, 1/3/14)
- NASA taps MSU professor for next phase of space computer technology (Bozeman Chronicle, 9/21/13)
- NASA taps MSU professor for next phase of space computer technology (MSU News, 9/17/13)
- MSU professor receives outstanding teaching award from American Society of Engineering Education (MSU News, 4/4/13)
- MSU 2013 Award Winners (Bozeman Chronicle, 1/13/13)
- MSU Honors Top Faculty and Staff (MSU News, 1/10/13)
- ASEE Is Me Profile (Print) (ASEE Prism Magazine, October 2012)
- 3rd Annual Lunabotics Competition - MSU Robot on Cover (Servo Magazine, August 2012)
- ASEE Is Me Profile (Online) (ASEE Website, 8/14/12)
- MSU Attracts NASA Attension with Computer System (Bozeman Chronicle, 7/25/12)
- MSU Attracts NASA Attension with Computer System for Space (MSU News, 7/23/12)
- MSU Students Earn Medals, Kudos for Robot's Showing at Kennedy Space Center (MSU News, 5/30/12)
- MSU Students and Robot Return to NASA to Compete for National Title (MSU News, 4/30/12)
- Mountain & Minds Magazine, People Profile (Fall 2011)
- MSU Students Get NASA Experience Sending Experiments to the Edge of Space (MSU News, 7/12/11)
- MSU Honors Top Faculty (MSU News, 1/10/11)
- MSU Robot Moon-Dinner Wins NASA Competition (Bozeman Chronicle, 5/29/10)
- MSU Robot Digs Most "Moon Dirt" (MSU News, 5/28/10)
- MSU Robot to Dig "Moon Dirt" (Bozeman Chronicle, 5/27/10)
- 2010 Lunabotics Team Goes to NASA Competition (MSU News, 5/24/10)
- LaMeres Develops Remote Control Learning w/ NSF CCLI Award (MSU News & ECE News, Fall 2009)
- 39 Seniors win Awards for Excellence with Faculty Mentors (MSU News, 2/2/08)
- LaMeres Joins ECE Faculty (COE Newsletter & MSU News, Fall 2006)