Advising and course selection for Summer and Fall 2013 begins March 18. Online registration opens on Monday, March 25, 2013. Your registration eligibility date is based on earned credits and class standing.
Who is my advisor?
Please consult the list on the Advisors bulletin board across from the ECE main office, 610 Cobleigh Hall.
ECE Advising Procedure
The ECE Department will be following the same advising procedure as in previous semesters. You will need to stop by your advisor's office and schedule an individual appointment. Some advisors will have appointment time blocks posted outside their offices where you can sign up for the time that fits your schedule, while other advisors will use email to schedule appointments.
Don't know who is your advisor? See the list on the Advisors bulletin board across from the ECE main office, 610 Cobleigh Hall.
BEFORE COMING TO YOUR ADVISING SESSION, PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING:
- The list of courses you are currently taking this semester (Spring 2013).
- The tentative list of courses you plan to take next semester (Fall 2013).
- The estimated semester in which you expect to graduate.
At the end of your advising session, your advisor will sign an advisor evaluation form for you to complete. You will need to bring that signed form to the ECE office in order to pick up your Advisor PIN to equip you for online course registration
Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 updates and information
- EELE 101 Introduction to Electrical Fundamentals was changed from 2 credits (1 lec 1 lab) to 3 credits (1 lec 1 lab 1 rec). The new EELE 101 includes a recitation section to support an introduction to computer programming. Students enrolling in EELE 101 need to sign up for the lecture, and choose both a lab section and a recitation section.
- EELE 261 Introduction to Logic Circuits has been changed from 3 credits (3 lec) to 4 credits (3 lec 1 lab) starting this coming fall. The formerly separate lab EELE 262 will be offered one last time this fall. If you have taken the former 3 credit EELE 261 but not yet taken EELE 262, you need to take EELE 262 this fall. Students who take the new 4 credit version of EELE 261 will get the lab as part of the course, so EELE 262 will not be offered again in the future.
- The 2012-2014 curricula for EE and CpE have been updated. The degree requirements are very similar to the 2010-2012 catalog, but there are a few changes to the required course lists and elective slots. Please speak with your advisor if you are currently in the 2010-2012 catalog and wish to consider moving to the 2012-2014 catalog.
- If you plan to graduate between now and the end of Spring Semester 2014, please meet with your advisor to fill our your Application for Baccalaureate Degree. You may pick up the Application for Baccalaureate Degree and instructions in the display rack outside the ECE Office, 610 Cobleigh Hall. Students graduating in Spring 2014 must turn in the application to the ECE Department by the end of the Spring 2013 semester. Note that applications for Fall 2013 graduation were due back in December, 2012: if you have not submitted a Fall 2013 application yet, you must do so immediately!
- Please be aware that if you plan to graduate Fall 2013, or Spring or Summer 2014, you are required to take the FE Exam before you graduate. You may take the FE Exam either the semester of graduation or the semester prior to graduation, but keep in mind that the FE Exam is offered only two times per year: in April and in October. The FE Exam is NOT OFFERED during the Summer Session. You must be registered for EGEN 488 (formerly ENGR 499) the semester you plan to take the FE Exam.
NOTE: If you are graduating in December 2013 and did not take the FE exam already, you must take the exam in the Fall of 2013. If you are graduating in May 2014, you may take the exam in fall 2013 or wait until spring 2014 to take the exam. You must take the exam no more than one semester prior to the semester you will graduate; therefore, if you plan to graduate in fall 2014 or later, the fall 2013 exam opportunity does NOT apply to you.
Applicants for the October 2013 FE exam must see the ECE Administrative Assistant (610 Cobleigh Hall), before the end of the Spring 2013 semester to receive official exam information and deadlines.
- June 2013 Online registration process begins
- August 2013 Registration ends
- October 26, 2013 Exam (Saturday)
NO LATE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED, and you will not be able to graduate if you do not follow the proper procedures. Don't let this happen to you!!
Questions: ECE Department, 610 Cobleigh Hall, 994-2505. Office hours: 8AM-noon and 1PM-5PM.