Members of the MSU College of Engineering community approach all of their work with the following deeply held core values:
- Life-long learning . The college is a community that believes in and fosters life-long learning in all of its members—undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff. Life-long learning also extends beyond the college community to state and national constituencies.
- Knowledge Discovery . At the heart of the college community’s activities are knowledge discovery and dissemination and the creativity that accompanies these activities. We believe that knowledge discovery informs and enriches the life-long learning of the entire college community.
- Collaboration . We believe that collaboration and collegiality both inside and outside of our college community enrich all college activities.
- Inclusiveness . The college is a community that welcomes and encourages diverse points of view and backgrounds, believing that this inclusiveness enriches our creative learning environment.
- Professionalism . The College of Engineering community approaches all activities with a high degree of professionalism, working with integrity, honesty, and commitment to excellence.