To apply for a graduate degree in Civil Engineering, completed the online application at http://www.montana.edu/wwwdg/apply.html.
Additional documents must be submitted to the department to complete your application. All of these materials can be mailed directly to our department at the address below. We will be unable to process your application until we receive all of the items listed. For more detailed information about requirements and different degrees offerered, please contact us (Phone: 406-994-2111 or email email@example.com).
The general requirements for admittance into the master’s degree program in civil engineering are:
- Completed application and application fee located at: http://www.montana.edu/wwwdg/apply.html (may be filled out online)
- A completed bachelor’s degree (anticipated conferred degree is acceptable, however final transcripts will be required) with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale (if degree is not in civil engineering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details for necessary remediate courses.)
- Official transcripts for all degrees completed mailed to us directly by your institution*
- Three letters of recommendation. Should be sealed and mailed from the person writing the recommendation.*
- Offical GRE scores that indicate a high probability of success in graduate studies. Official GRE scores must be received directly from ETS. For Montana State University, the Institution code is 4488. (Important notice regarding the GRE Exam: For students applying for Spring admission, make sure to take the GRE exam before August 1 if you want your application reviewed before November 1.)
- A goals statement.
* These documents can be mailed directly to:
Department of Civil Engineering
Montana State University
205 Cobleigh Hall - PO Cox 173900
Bozeman, Montana 59717-3780
International applicants have additional requirements:
- Please refer to the Graduate School website for complete information. (The link will open in a new window.)
Domestic Applicants: The following are the final deadlines for submission of complete applications by applicants who are US citizens or permanent residents (with fewer financial aid options than available at the priority deadlines):
- July 1 to begin the following fall semester
- November 15 to begin the following spring semester
International Applicants: Please use the link above for current information.
For more details or if you have questions regarding your graduate application, please contact the us at: email@example.com.