Department of Civil Engineering
Montana State University
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering||University of Texas at Austin
|M.S.||Civil Engineering||Beijing University of Technology
|B.S.||Civil Engineering||Beijing University of Technology
Assistant Professor, Montana State University, Bozeman; Aug. 2013 - Present
Graduate Research Assistant, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX; Aug. 2009 - July 2013
Research Assistant, Industrial Engineering Department, Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain; Mar. - Sept. 2009
- Wang, Y. (2014) The Effects of Socio-Economic and Transportation Accessibility on Area-Level Diabetes Counts: A Latent-Variable Structural Equation Model Approach. Submitted for presentation at the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting, January 2015 and for publication at the Transportation Research Record.
- Forsyth, S., Stephens, J., and Wang, Y. (2014) Link-Level Traffic Flow Estimation of Agricultural Products. To be submitted for presentation at the 94th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, and for publication in Transportation Research Record, Washington D.C., January 2015
- Bansal, P., Kockelman, K., and Wang, Y. (2014) Hybrid Electric Vehicle Ownership and Fuel Economy across Texas: Application of Spatial Models. To be submitted for presentation at the 94th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, and for publication in Transportation Research Record, Washington D.C., January 2015.
- Chen, D., Wang, Y., and Kockelman, K. (2013) Where Are the Electrical Vehicles? A Spatial Model for Vehicle-Choice Count Data. Compendium of the Transportation Research Board’s 93rd Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, January 2014. Under review of Journal of Transport Geography.
- Wang, Y. and Kockelman, K. (2013) A Poisson-Lognormal Multivariate Conditional-Autoregressive Model for Spatial Analysis of Area-Level Pedestrian Crashes. Accident Analysis & Prevention 60: 71-84.
- Wang, Y., Kockelman, K., & Damien, P. (2013) A Spatial Autoregressive Multinomial Probit Model for Anticipating Land Use Change in Austin, Texas. Annals of Regional Science 52(1): 251-278. Presented at the 13th International Association Travel Behavior Research Conference, in Toronto (2012).
- Wang, Y., Kockelman, K., & Wang, X. (2013) The Impact of Weight Matrices on Parameter Estimation & Inference: A Case Study of Binary Response Using Land Use Data. Presented at the 58th North American Regional Science Association International (RSAI) Conference, Miami, Florida. Journal of Transportation and Land Use 6 (3), November 2013.
- Wang, Y., Kockelman, K., & Wang, X. (2013) Understanding Spatial Filtering for Analysis of Land Use Data Sets. Presented at the 58th North American Regional Science Association International (RSAI) Conference, Miami, Florida. Journal of Transport Geography 31: 123-131.
- Wang, Y., Kockelman, K., & Wang, X. (2011) Anticipating Land Use Change Using Geographically Weighted Regression Models for Discrete Response. Transportation Research Record No. 2245: 111-123, & presented at the 90th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board.
- Xu, J., Kockelman, K., and Wang, Y. (2013) Modeling Crash and Fatality Counts along Mainlanes and Frontage Roads Across Texas: The Roles of Design, the Built Environment, and Weather. Compendium of the Transportation Research Board’s 93rd Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, January 2014.
- Wang, Y., & Kockelman, K. (2012) A Univariate Spatial Count Model for Pedestrian Crashes across Neighborhoods. Proceedings of the 92nd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board.
- Wang, Y., Sun, X., & Melcher, D. (2008) Statistical Cause Analysis & Potential Countermeasures for Commercial Motor Vehicle Collisions in China. Presented at the 1st International Symposium on Transportation & Development Innovative Best Practices, Beijing, China.
- Wang, Y., Rong, J., & Qiao, J. (2007) Quantification of Driver Stress & Its Influence Factors. Presented at the Workshop of International Cooperation on Theories & Concepts in Traffic Safety, Beijing, China.
- Garrison Award for Best Dissertation in Computational Geography, Association of American Geographers 2014
- Honorary mention in Pikarsky Award for Best PhD Dissertation, Council of University Transportation Center, TRB 2014
- UT nominee to compete in the International Road Federation (IRF) Scholar Program 2013
- UT Austin Department of Civil, Architectural, & Environmental Engineering’s Robert Herman Endowed Scholarship 2013
- Women’s Transportation Seminar’s Heart of Texas Helene M. Overly Memorial Scholarship 2011
- UT Austin’s Graduate Student Professional Development Award 2011
- Regional Science Association International’s Student Paper Awards Winner 2010
- Beijing University of Technology (BJUT)’s Graduate students’ Excellence in Research Award 2008
- BJUT’s Excellence in Graduate Coursework Award 2007
- BJUT’s Outstanding Graduate Award 2006
- BJUT’s Top Grade Scholarship (the highest academic recognition for undergraduate students) 2005
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student of Beijing, awarded by Beijing Municipal Commission of Education 2004
Click here to open my full C.V. in a new window. (PDF)
You need Acrobat Reader to view a PDF file. Click here to download the newest version.