> College of Engineering > Montana FIRST
FIRST LEGO League
||FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is a unique, engaging, and fun science and engineering-based robotics program that ignites an enthusiasm for discovery, science, and technology in kids ages 9 to 14. Each year FLL teams embark on an adventurous Challenge based on current, real-world issues. Guided by a team coach and assisted by mentors, the kids learn to do the following: (1) research and solve a real-world problem based on the Challenge theme, (2) present their research and solutions, and (3) build an autonomous robot using engineering concepts that will out perform other teams in a series of challenges based on the annual Challenge topic.
Using the yearly Challenges, FLL does the following:
- Entices kids to think like scientists and engineers
- Provides a fun, creative, hands-on learning experience
- Teaches kids to experiment and overcome obstacles
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Inspires kids to participate in science and technology
No matter what the child’s subject interest, FLL offers an opportunity for engagement. Whether it is by creativity, technology, or research, FLL dares kids to test, explore, expand, or completely change thoughts and approaches for different sciences each year.
FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is thrilled to welcome your team to our community! The cornerstones of the FLL Community are the FLL Values. As members of the FLL community, we ask that you uphold these values.
- Respect each other in the best spirit of teamwork
- Behave with courtesy and compassion for others at all times
- Honor the spirit of friendly competition
- Act with integrity
- Demonstrate gracious professionalism
- Encourage others to adopt these values
Teams are sprouting up all over Montana! Join us in the fun!
The Hardest Fun Ever.